Dignity Alliance International (DAI) is a UK-based charity committed to ending violence
against women and children, and all forms of modern slavery across South Asia.
What We Do
DAI invests in those that seek to ensure access to justice for excluded communities and to a more just and equitable society. We support the development of South Asian networks and community leaders that strive to build and grow movements for social justice.
We partner with organisations across South Asia to protect the most vulnerable, to liberate and reintegrate the enslaved, and to prosecute those responsible. We support campaigns that build support for the eradication of violence and slavery.
How we do this
- DAI funds community-based organisations and survivor-led groups to tackle issues of violence against women and children, forced labour and reform the justice system.
- We commission evidence-based research to understand and identify the underlying, unjust systems which perpetuate modern slavery practices and human rights violations across South Asia.
- We invest in the professional development of human rights defenders and lawyers from socially excluded communities to sustain and expand their work.
- We strive to ensure the experience and knowledge of survivors and human rights defenders are reflected in national policy making.
- We are committed to ensuring individuals and organisations document their lived experiences and collaboratively develop strategies and solutions to drive change.
- We commission or support projects as per our program cycle, further details will be updated on the website. We don't accept unsolicited applications or proposals for support.